HIPAA SUMMIT COVID-19 PROTOCOL
After a long wait for the HIPAA Summit to resume in its hybrid onsite and online format, it is now only a few months away! We look forward to the Summit with confidence, and the health and safety of everyone who attends is our top priority. In preparation, we have developed a preliminary plan aimed at protecting attendees and guests, and this is your guide to a safe and successful Summit. Additionally, all CDC, state, and local requirements will be followed that exist at the time of the Conference, such as social distancing and masking.
If you have attended the HIPAA Summit before onsite, we know this experience will be different in a number of ways. There will be some conditions and constraints, similar to what you have experienced in your own ways over the past year, that will require everyone’s flexibility and understanding.
What you need to do:
- Bring photo ID and proof of COVID-19 vaccination for yourself and any guests that you are bringing. This will be required in order to receive your badge.
- Wear a face mask at all times, unless outside and 6’ away from others. Cloth masks, medical masks, and N95 respirators are acceptable. Face shields may be used but must be worn with a mask.
- Wash hands regularly and use hand sanitizers where available.
- Please isolate if you experience any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, new muscle aches, or headache.
What we will do for you:
- Promise that all staff will be fully vaccinated and tested.
- Provide socially distanced seating arrangements in conference meeting rooms and wider aisles in the exhibit area.
- Offer name badges with red, green or yellow indicators so others will be aware of your level of comfort.
- Red: Hi! I’m keeping my distance
- Yellow: Ok with talking but not touching
- Green: Ok with hugs & high-fives